Friday 17 May 2013

Foxy Lady!

Hey guys!
I thought I would share with you a project that was initially conceived over 2 years ago but only completed last autumn!
Meet my fantastic dead fox scarf!

He is very long and his paws have little bags of rice in to make them hang properly, although the wind does like to pick them up and swing them right in my face...

I love his tongue the best!
He is crocheted with a double layer so he is super cosy, perfect for the extended winter we have just suffered here in England. I wish I had the foresight to make part of his face cream as well but I tend not to overly plan what I want to make as I am a bit impatient with things like that.

In typical fashion when I came up with this idea I had a look around the internets and found nothing. Since then these style scarves are everywhere. Moral of the story - Don't take so bloody long making things! Although the length of this bad boy meant that even a hardened crocheter would have struggled to crank it out quickly even if they weren't so lazy about it!

Has any one else made any funky scarves? Be sure to link 'em up below if you have!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you thought about putting together a pattern for this? - It is adorable :D
Hannah
madewithhugsandkisses.com

Lucy said...

Thank you Hannah!
I think I considered it at the time and made an attempt to keep a note of what I was doing, but there are already a few tutorials for similar scarves so I didn't bother.
Maybe in future I will get around to it! xxx