Sunday 27 February 2011

Things crafted for the craft fayre...part 1....




Well I had made several things for the craft fayre but first things to mention are these three things! I decided to do lots of random things because I don't like to confine myself to one area when I enjoy making many different things. I had a go at making pasties (for those not in the know they are nipple tassels without the tassels) which were fairly simple to make, basically they consisted of cardboard circles shaped into a slight cone to accomodate nipples, then whatever decoration you see fit! I also tried some shaped ones, hearts are pretty simple, just a few snips here and there, I would like to try to make some more unusual and ambitious ones now I've got the hang of it.

I also ressurected the faux applique pin-up girl technique (faux applique because I happen to glue them together with fabric glue rather than stitch them - too fiddly and time consuming for me!) using a template created from a picture I drew 5 years ago. The figure translated well and due to time constraints I only managed to make two - a dancing girl on the red cushion and 'miss mermaid' on the blue cushion. Although glueing the figures saves time they still take a while to make so for the next craft fayre I'll have a few different ones that I came up with at the last minute. I much prefer the designs on cushions as opposed to my previous tote bag, the pin-ups are just a little too delicate for the practicality of a bag and well suited to more decorative items.

No comments: